Question: In 2019, how much amount the Ministry of Human Resource & Development is spending to promote research & development through innovations?
(a) Rs 33,000 Crore
(b) Rs 29,000 Crore
(c) Rs 30,000 Crore
(d) Rs 31,000 Crore
- Addressing a valedictory session of the 8th Women Science Congress during the ongoing the 106th Indian Science Congress at the Lovely Professional University Jalandhar(Punjab), Union Minister of Human Resource Development, Shri Prakash Javadekar notified that in 2019, Ministry of Human Resource and Development is spending nearly Rs 33,000 Crore for the purpose of promoting research& development through innovation.
- Already a fund has been set up under Higher Education Financing Agency (HEFA) to provide assistance to the research laboratories.
- A fund of Rs 200 crore is allocated this year for the innovative solutions and around 1000 colleges across the country are being equipped with innovation hubs while to encourage social science research Rs 250 crore has been allocated.
- Government has also launched SPARC mission to assist and encourage students to carry on their ambitious research projects within India instead of going abroad. Ministry has also planned to provide scholarship of Rs 1 Lakh per student per month for research and innovation work for this.
- With the motive of obtaining leadership in research & development through innovations government has proposed to establish overall six research parks in different IIT’s of country where students and teachers are doing their research work.