Question: Consider the following statements regarding Kartarpur Corridor:
- Pakistan Prime minister laid the foundation stone of the corridor linking Gurdaspur to Kartarpur.
- Kartarpur in Pakistan is located across the Indus River.
Choose the correct options of the following:
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
- On 28 November 2018, Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan laid the foundation stone of the Kartarpur corridor linking historic Gurdwara Darbar Sahib in Kartarpur (Pakistan) to Dera Baba Nanak shrine in Gurdaspur district, Punjab (India).
- The length of the corridor is about 4 km, 2 km on either side of the international border.
- This corridor will facilitate the visa-free travel of Indian Sikh pilgrims to the holy site Gurdwara Darbar Sahib in Kartarpur.
- Prior to this, on26th November 2018, Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu and Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh laid the foundation stone for construction of Kartarpur Sahib Corridor on Indian side at Mann village in Gurdaspur district, Punjab.
- The construction of corridor will be completed before the 550th birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev.
- Established by the first Sikh guru Guru Nanak Dev in 1522 this divine site is located on the bank of river Ravi in Pakistan. At this place he lived 18 years of life until death.
By Ramayan Upadhyay