Ques: John p. Konel who recently passed away, was concerned with which of the following areas?
b. Science & Technology
c. Film industry/Actor
- September 10, 2015 the 91 year old famous American actor and playwright John Connell died.
- He had served on the Screen Actors Guild’s national board of directors for 13 years.
- Connell was a radio operator and waist gunner with the Army Air Forces during World War II, receiving five battle stars and a Purple Heart.
- After the war, he turned to acting. He was seen on Broadway, in films including “Fail-Safe” and “Three Days of the Condor” and on TV, notably in soap operas.
- In addition to appearing on “The Edge of Night,” “Love of Life,” “The Secret Storm” and “Dark Shadows,” he played Dr. David Malone, the son of Dr. Jerry Malone (William Prince), on “Young Dr. Malone” from 1958 to 1963.
- He also did voice-overs in radio and television commercials for American Airlines, Ford, McDonald’s and other companies.