Question: On January 26th, 2018, an Exchange programme of Jammu & Kashmir Student concluded at National Bal Bhawan New Delhi. What was the name of this exchange programme?
(a) Sadbhawana Yatra
(b) Maitreyi Yatra
(c) Mitrata Yatra
- On January 26th, 2018, Jammu & Kashmir Student Exchange programme ‘Maitreyi Yatra’ concluded.
- The Student Exchange Programme was organized by Ministry of Human Resource development.
- It was objected to integrate the youth of Jammu and Kashmir to the rest of the country and to promote brotherhood and harmony.
- This programme provides a good opportunity for the youth of J&K to be acquainted with culture, language and development story of different parts of the country.
- It is known that nearly 500 students of Jammu & Kashmir from Class IX to Class XII along with 50 supervisors visited Delhi on 18th January, 2018.
- 300 students stayed at National Bal Bhawan and 100 each stayed in two Kendriya Vidyalayas and two Navodaya Vidyalayas.
- All 500 students were paired with ten governments and one private school where each student had a buddy. J&K students spent 3 days in the paired schools.
- They also went for Delhi Darshan on 20th January, 2018 with their guiding partners. They visited Zoo, Rajghat, Red Fort and many other places of historical & cultural importance.
- The officials assured that about 500 children from Delhi Schools will be visiting J&K during summer months.
- Students performed various cultural songs of Jammu and Kashmir. Some glimpses of the Maitreyi Yatra were also shown on the closing ceremony.