Question: International Shooting Sports Federation (ISSF) World Cup Rifle / Pistol-2019 was held in?
(a) Paris, France
(b) Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
(c) New Delhi
(d) Sydney, Australia
- From 26th August to 3rd September, 2019, International Shooting Sports Federation (ISSF) World Cup Rifle / Pistol-2019 was held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- It was an annual edition of the ISSF World Cup in the Olympic Shooting events and governed by ISSF.
- India finished the tournament at the top spot with 5 Gold, 2 Silver & 2 Bronze medals, with 9 medals altogether.
- Teen stars Manu Bhaker and Saurabh Chaudhary registered remarkable victory by winning gold medal in the mixed 10m air pistol event of this shooting sport.
- This win provided a fitting finale to India’s unprecedented dominance of the medal tally in the ISSF World Cup Rifle/Pistol stage.
- Representing the other Indian team in the same event, Yashaswini Deswal and Abhishek Verma won the silver medal.
- The results ensured an unprecedented top finish for India across all four ISSF World Cup stages this year, including the lone junior world cup.