Question: ISRO is all set to launch about two unmanned space missions in the near future. With respect to space missions Small Satellite Launch Vehicle’s (SSLV) first flight will commence in which year?
(a) March 2019
(b) April 2019
(c) June 2019
(d) July 2019
- On 18th January 2019, Dr K Sivan informed media that ISRO has planned 32 missions this year. Small Satellite Launch Vehicle’s (SSLV) first flight will commence in July 2019 & can carry payload up to 500 kg.
- Elaborating on the priority areas of ISRO, the Chairman said that these include Gaganyaan project, reaching out to students, outreach programmes, planned missions of this year and Vikram Sarabhai Centenary celebrations.
- Human Space Flight Centre (HSFC) has been set up for Gaganyaan project and the first unmanned space flight will be launched by December 2020, second unmanned mission by July 2021 and first manned mission by December 2021.
- ISRO Chairman notified that 9 student satellites have been launched by ISRO till date and KALAMSAT will be launched by PSLV-C44 on 24th January 2019. Other future projects include GSAT-20, RISAT and GMAT series of satellite.
- Six incubation centres will be established in various parts of the country – North, South, East, West, Centre and North-East. First such Centre has been established in Agartala. Six R&D centres will also be established. ISRO has inaugurated UNNATI programme for the purpose of training participants on Nano Satellite assembly.