Question: In 2019 ISRO adopted a resolution to launch how many rockets from Satish Dhawan Space Centre?
- Indian Space Research Organization prepares to launch 32 missions for the lifting of as many as 14 rockets along with 17 satellites and one tech demo missions from Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota this year.
- These rockets will include GSLV Mk III for Chandrayaan-2, which will be the 25th mission from the second launch pad at the spaceport.
- K Sivan (ISRO chairman) notified that besides the developmental flights of Small Satellite Launch Vehicle (SSLV), activities for Gaganyaan, the human spaceflight, would go in full steam to attain various development and qualification milestones.
- ISRO was previously aiming at acquiring operational geo-imaging capability through the GISAT series, whose aim is to reinstate the microwave remote sensing capability of RISAT, in same time, the payload capability of GSLV and its variants will also be gradually improved.
- Further space agency aims to meet country’s high throughput bandwidth requirement of Digital India and also in-flight connectivity with the launch of GSAT-20.
- 100th birth anniversary of Vikram A Sarabhai, will be celebrated for entire year starting on the 12th of August. Country will host national and international events as part of the celebration.