Question: ISRO announces Human Space Flight centre in Bengaluru whose actual flight with crew is targeted to happen by?
(a) November 2020
(b) December 2021
(c) March 2022
(d) April 2019
- On 30 January 2019, Dr. K Kasturirangan, Former Chairman, ISRO in the presence of Dr. K Sivan, Secretary, DOS/Chairman, ISRO, inaugurated Human Space Flight Centre (HSFC) at ISRO Headquarter campus in Bengaluru.
- A full scale model of GAGANYAAN’s crew module was also unveiled during this event. HSFC shall be responsible for implementation of GAGANYAAN Project which involves end-to-end mission planning, development of Engineering systems for crew survival in space, crew selection & training and also pursue activities for sustained human space flight missions.
- HSFC will take support of the existing ISRO Centres to implement, the first development flight of GAGANYAAN under Human Space Flight Programme.
- Gaganyaan, India’s mission to send astronauts to space is reserved to happen before December 2021. Dr. S Unnikrishnan Nair is the founder Director of HSFC and Shri R Hutton is the Project Director of GAGANYAAN project.
- Mission includes the heavy lift launch vehicle GSLV MarkIII which aims to have two non-crew flights in December 2020 and July 2021.