Question: Saudi Arabia has launched Islamic Military Coalition, a new military alliance of how many nation nations to fight terrorism?
- Saudi Arabia on 15 December 2015 announced the launch of Islamic Military Coalition to counter terrorism.
- The coalition will be led by Saudi Arabia and see the participation of 34 nations.
- A joint operations center shall be established in the city of Riyadh to coordinate and support military operations to fight terrorism and to develop the necessary programs and mechanisms for supporting these efforts.
- The countries participating in the alliance along with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia are: Jordan, United Arab Emirates, Pakistan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Benin, Turkey, Chad, Togo, Tunisia, Djibouti, Senegal, Sudan, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Gabon, Guinea, Palestine, Comoros, Qatar, Cote d’Ivoire, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Maldives, Mali, Malaysia, Egypt, Morocco, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Yemen.
- Shia dominated Iran, Iraq, Syria are not part of the military alliance.
- Alliance will take action against terrorist groups, including the Islamic State.