Question: International Universal Health Coverage Day is observed on?
(a) 12th December
(b) 10th December
(c) 4th December
(d) 24th December
- International Universal Health Coverage Day is observed globally on 12th December every year since it was officially declared by the UN General Assembly in year 2017.
- This day is celebrated to raise awareness of the need for strong and resilient health systems and universal health coverage.
- The theme of the day for year 2018 is “Unite for Universal Health Coverage: Now is the Time for Collective Action.”
- Universal Health Coverage has been included in the new Sustainable Development Goals for 2015-30 adopted by the United Nations which seeks to achieve Universal Health Coverage by 2030 by all UN member states.
- In order to ensure comprehensive and impactful health care this comprises financial risk protection, access to quality essential health-care services and access to safe, effective, quality and affordable essential medicines and vaccines for all.