Question: When is the International Nurses Day celebrated?
(a) May 1
(b) May 7
(c) May 10
(d) May 12
- International Nurses Day is celebrated around the world on 12th May every year on the birth anniversary of Florence Nightingale.
- The theme for 2019 International Nurses Day 2019 is – Nurses – A Voice to Lead – Health for All.
- It is organised every year by the International Council of Nurses (ICN) since 1965. The day celebrates the contribution that nurses make to societies around the world.
- Florence Nightingale was born on 12 May in 1820. She is said to be the foundational philosopher of the modern nursing.
- International Council of Nurses established the day in 1974 for highlighting the importance of nurse’s role in providing the best healthcare services.