Question: When ‘International Family Day’ is celebrated?
(a) May 13
(b) May 17
(c) May 15
(d) May 10
- On 15th May, 2018 ‘International Family Day’ was celebrated
- In the year 2018, the theme of this day is ‘Family and inclusive Societies’.
- The aim of celebrating this day is to raise awareness of the role of family in promoting childhood education and lifelong learning opportunities for children and youth.
- This day also provides an opportunity to promote awareness of issues relating to families and to increase the knowledge of the social, economic and demographic processes affecting families. The International Day of Families is observed on the 15th of May every year.
- In 1993, the General Assembly decided in a resolution (A/RES/47/237) that 15 May of every year should be observed as The International Day of Families.