Question: When did the International Day of Persons with Disabilities is celebrated?
(a) 1 December
(b) 2 December
(c) 3 December
(d) 5 December
- On 3 December 2016 ;International Day of Persons with Disabilities was celebrated across the Globe.
- The theme for this year’s International Day is “Achieving 17 Goals for the Future We Want”
- Since 1992, the United Nations International Day of Persons with Disabilities (IDPD) has been celebrated annually on 3 December around the world.
- The observance of the 2016 IDPD coincides with the 10-year anniversary of the adoption of the CRPD – one of the most quickly and widely ratified international treaties put forth by the United Nations to date.
- This year’s objectives include assessing the current status of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) and SDGs and laying the foundation for a future of greater inclusion for persons with disabilities.