Question- Where is the ‘International Dam Safety Conference’ was organized on January 23-24, 2018?
- On January 23-24, 2018, International Dam Safety Conference – 2018 at Thiruvananthapuram.
- Shri Pinarayi Vijayan, Chief Minister of Kerala inaugurated the conference.
- Shri Arjun Ram Meghwal, Union Minister of State for of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation preside over the inaugural function.
- Central Water Commission organized the event in association with Kerala Water Resources Department (KWRD), Kerala State Electricity Board, National Institute of Technology Calicut and College of Engineering, Trivandrum.
- Significantly, Dam safety conferences are organized as an annual event under the Dam Safety Rehabilitation and Improvement Project (DRIP) project being run by the Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation (MoWR,RD & GR) in the seven states of Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Tamil Nadu, and Uttarakhand.
- It was Launched in the year 2012 with a financial outlay of Rs. 2100 Crores.
- Notable that 550 delegates from more than 20 countries participated in the forthcoming conference to be held in Trivandrum (Kerala).