Question: In which of the following city International conference on Augmenting Nature by Green Affordable New-habitat (ANGAN) was organized?
(d) New Delhi
- During 9th-11th September, 2019; an international conference on Augmenting Nature by Green Affordable New-habitat (ANGAN) commenced in New Delhi.
- The conference focuses primarily on achieving Energy Efficiency in the building sector.
- The conference was organized by the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) under the aegis of Ministry of Power in collaboration with GIZ under the Indo German Technical Cooperation initiative.
- Experts and policymakers from around 16 countries are participated in this event.
- The conference aimed to identify economically viable alternatives and technologies in the field of design and construction of energy-efficient commercial and residential buildings.
- It is estimated that an investment of Rs. 2000 billion in Building energy efficiency activities would lead to a cumulative savings of 388 billion units of electricity for the next ten years.
- Apart from energy savings, the emphasis will also be given to other resources like water and other materials that can be saved in the building sector.
- In India, buildings have become an important component of our integrated energy policy.
- An exhibition on energy efficient building material suppliers, technology suppliers, research institutions and universities displayed latest things in the building energy efficiency sector was also displayed.
- The BEE (Bureau of Energy Efficiency) is a statutory body under the Ministry of Power, Government of India. It assists in developing policies and strategies with the primary objective of reducing the energy intensity of the Indian economy. BEE coordinates with designated consumers, designated agencies, and other organizations to identify and utilize the existing resources and infrastructure, in performing the functions assigned to it under the Energy Conservation Act.