Question: Recently Integrated Government Online Training Programme was launched by government which is developed by-
(a) Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT)
(b) Department of Atomic Energy (DAE)
(c) Department of Space
(d) Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO)
- On 20th December, 2018, Union Minister of State Dr Jitendra Singh launched the iGOT (Integrated Government Online Training Programme) developed by Department of Personnel and Training, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions.
- It will strengthen the existing training mechanism with online module-based training approach coupled with certification.
- The National Training Policy-2012 mandates that all civil servants will be provided training to prepare them with the aptitude for their current or future jobs.
- Integrated Government Online Training Programme (iGOT) launched by Minister will further strengthen the existing training mechanism with online module-based training coupled with certification. This will enhance training inputs to government servant on site and on flexitime basis.
- The e-Learning mode provides relevant competence to grow & flourish (equal opportunities) for training to a large number of civil servants spread all over the country.
- Latest technology & technological system provides huge resources of learning material and online courses, enabling the individuals with enormous choices to flourish & explore flexibility in learning.
- The training courses available under this programme will be accessible through DoPT’s web portal. DoPT has worked together with JPAL, South Asia and MIT, USA to launch MITx Micro Master Programmes for the government servants.