Question: As per July, 2019; which of the following Indian state stood first in the country with total 261.97 megawatts (MW) of installed rooftop solar capacity?
(d) Himachal Pradesh
- Government of India has set a target for installation of Rooftop Solar projects (RTS) of 40,000 Mega Watt (MW) by 2022 in the country,as per information disclosed by New and Renewable Energy Minister RK Singh, in Rajya Sabha on July 23,2019.
- It also includes installation of Rooftop Solar (RTS) panels on rooftop of houses.
- It is noticeable that State of Gujarat is ahead of all other Indian states in the country with total 261.97 megawatts (MW) of installed rooftop solar capacity as on 23rd July, 2019.
- As of 18th July, 2019 over 1700 Mega Watt of grid-connected rooftop systems has been installed in India.
- As per estimations an average of 1.5 million units per Mega Watt/year are generated from solar rooftop plants.