Question: Infosys Company is related with-
(a) Oil and Gas production
(b) Space Research
(c) Information and Technology
(d) Mobile phone services
- On 19 October 2015 Infosys has signed a definitive agreement to acquire US-based Noah Consulting.
- Infosys board of directors approved the acquisition by purchasing the 100% stakes of Noah Consulting.
- The total amount of acquisition is $ 7 Crore (about Rs 453.5 crore) .
- It will be an all-cash deal.
- According to Rajesh Murthy, Executive Vice President and Global Head of Energy, Communications and Services, Infosys“With this acquisition, company will be uniquely positioned to offer end-to-end data management services to oil and gas companies globally”.
- Noah is a known major company in oil-gas sector, providing consulting service, whose long experience and leading technology will fully benefit Infosys.
- The acquisition is expected to be completed before the end of the third quarter of Financial Year 2016.