Ques: Who ranked first in the Forbes list of Indian billionaires?
a. Anil Ambani
b. Dilip Shanghvi
c. Azim Premji
d. Mukesh Ambani
- September 23, 2015 Forbes released the list of top 100 Indian Billionaires.
- The top 100 richest Indians are all billionaires with combined wealth of $346 billion which was unchanged during this period.
- Mukesh Ambani ranked first in ninth consecutive year with total assets of $9 billion in the list.
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries chief Dilip Sanghvi was in 2nd place with total assets of $ 18 billion.
- Wipro’s Azim Premji ranked third with total assets of $9 billion.
- Hinduja Group flagship of the Hinduja brothers was 4th in the list with a fortune of $ 14.8 billion.
- Only four women in India rich list this year in top 100 include: Savitri Jindal 23rd, Leana Tewari 54th place, Indu Jain 57th place and Vinod Gupta 74th place.
- India rich list of the top 10 is as follows:
1. Mukesh Ambani (18.9 billion dollars)
2. Dilip Shangvi (18 billion dollars).
3. Azim Premji (15.9 billion dollars).
4. The Hinduja Brothers ($ 14.8 billion).
5. Pallonji Mistry (14.7 billion dollars).
6. Shiv Nadar (12.9 billion dollars).
7. Godrej family (11.4 billion dollars).
8. Lakshmi Mittal (11.2 billion dollars).
9. Cyrus Poonawalla (7.9 billion dollars).
10. Kumar Birla (7.8 billion dollars).
- This year, 12 new people joined the list; wealthiest among them is Dubai resident Sunil Wasvni at 48th position.
- Sachin and Binny Bansal, Flipkart, ranked 86th with total assets of $ 3 billion.
- Steel maker Lakshmi Mittal declined to $ 4.6 billion in his assets. With total assets of $2 billion he was at 8th place.