Question: In which of the following cities India’s first space museum has been inaugurated?
(d) New Delhi
- India’s first space museum has been inaugurated in Hyderabad on 20th August, 2019. It is located in the Naubat Pahad in the centre of the city.
- The ISRO on its part is providing some 65 models of various spacecrafts, satellites and rockets of varying sizes.
- The B M Birla Science Centre has given 9000 square feet of space in its Science Museum building.
- There is already the popular Planetarium, a marble white temple and a Dinosaur museum among others on the twin hillocks.
- This museum exhibits scale models of Indian Launch vehicles GSLV Mark II, GSLV Mark III and PSLV, Chandrayan-1, Mars orbiter spacecraft, APPLE, Aryabhatta, Bhaskara, Rohini –RS -1 and a model of international space station (ISS).
- At presents 24 exhibits are on display to encourage young minds to explore Space Science and Technology.
- One of the most exciting features would be a special enclosure in which visitors can directly get in through with India’s Antarctica Space Station (Dakshin Gangotri) in real time.
- The opening of the Space Museum recently has been timed with the golden jubilee year of the Birla Archaeological Cultural Research Institute BACRI.