Question: Which of the following Bank launched India’s first ‘Aadhaar Number’ & ‘Aadhaar Biometric’ (fingerprint) enabled ATM?
(a) DCB Bank
(b) HDFC Bank
(c) ICICI Bank
(d) Axis Bank
- On 2 April 2016 DCB Bank Ltd. launched, first time in India, an ATM that accepts Aadhaar number and Aadhaar fingerprint (biometric) instead of ATM/Debit Card and PIN to dispense cash from the bank account.
- It is a “Cardless and PIN less” ATM. This ATM is currently placed in pilot site at DCB Bank at Peninsula Business Park, Lower Parel, Mumbai.
- The Bank plans to continue the pilot for 30 to 45 days and then begin the upgrade of all its 400+ ATMs to accept Aadhaar number and Aadhaar fingerprint.
- There is no need for ATM/Debit Card or the hassle of remembering PIN. All a customer needs to do is to input their 12 digit Aadhaar number and place their finger tip on the biometric reader.
- DCB Bank Ltd. is a modern new generation private sector bank with 176 plus branches across 17 states and 2 union territories (as on 31st December 2015).
- It is a scheduled commercial bank and is listed in the BSC and NSC.