Question-Indian Air Force is to provide Airbridge for Mansarovar Yatra between which two places?
(a) Pithoragarh and Gunji
(b) Lucknow and Nepalganj
(c) Dongba and Nyalam
(d) Kathmandu and Kodari
- According to PIB press release posted on 20 June 2018, Indian Air Force would provide Airbridge service between Pithoragarh and Gunji for Mansarovar Yatra.
- IAF would provide this service for three month starting from 18 June.
- This Airbridge service is an effort to airlift 1080 registered passenger to Gunji to enable them to continue their journey for Kailash Mansarovar Yatra.
- Because of poor connectivity between some places in the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra route Ministry of External Affairs approached to Ministry of Defence to provide this Airbridge Service.
- Indian Air Force has deployed three MLH class military helicopters( heptrs) stationed at Pithoragarh which would carry 60-70 passengers a day, these heptrs are from the Kirpan and Nubra Warrior units of IAF.
About Airbridge Service
- Airbridge is route and means of delivering material and resources from one place to another by an airlift.
- In the second World War Germans had used Airbridge on various occasions.
- This Service is mostly used in warfare and rescue operations where it is difficult to reach by land route or any other means.