Question: The next joint military drill between India and China will be organized at which of the following place?
- The annual bilateral military exercise, “Hand in Hand” will take place Chengdu, China from 10th to 23rd December. It is a part of military diplomacy between Indian and Chinese armies.
- It aims to increase the capacity of Joint Exercise Commander by empowering him to take military contingencies of both the nations under command hence building close relations between both the armies.
- Both army will establish a Joint Command Headquarter and conduct joint exercise which will include operations at tactical level in an International Counter Insurgency/Counter Terrorist environment as per mandate of UN.
- The last joint drill of Hand in Hand took place in Pune in 2016. It was suspended in 2017 over tensions between armies in Doklam.
- DOKLAM ISSUE:
- Doklam in the Sikkim sector is an area around 100sq km. situated at the trijunction between India, China and Bhutan. The dispute started when Chinese army started to construct a road in a disputed area which was objected by Indian Army. This led to 73-day standoff between forces of India and China in summer 2017.