Ques: Recently India Become second Associate Member State of European Molecular Biology Organisation. Which country is first to do so?
- On 4 February 2016 India Become second Associate Member State of European Molecular Biology Organisation (EMBO).
- For this India through the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology signed a Cooperation Agreement with European Molecular Biology Organisation (EMBO).
- This would strengthen scientific interaction and collaborative research between India and Europe in this field.
- After the signing of an agreement with Singapore by EMBC in July 2015, India will now become second such country outside the European region.
- EMBO is an organization of more than 1700 leading researchers that promotes excellence in the life sciences.