Question- At which of the following places India was listed in the list of emerging economies of ‘Inclusive Development Index (IDI) -2018’ released by the World Economic Forum (WEF) on January 22, 2018.
- On January 22nd, 2018, the Inclusive Development Index -2018 was released by World Economic Forum (WEF).
- This index covers the world’s 103 economies (countries).
- In the index29 developed and 74 developing economies have been listed.
- In this Index Norway (Score-6.8) was ranked a top in 29 advanced economies.
- Norway is followed by Iceland (Score: 6.07) Second, Luxembourg (Score: 6.07) Third, Switzerland (Score-6.05) Fourth and Denmark (Score-5.81) fifth.
- Other developed economies include Australia 9th, Germany 12th, Canada 17th, France 18th, United Kingdom 21st, United States 23rd and Japan 24th.
- Lithuania (Score-4.86) is at the top in 74 developing economies.
- Hangri (score -4.74) second, Azerbaijan (score -4.69) third, Latvia (Score-4.61), fourth and Poland (score -4.67) are at fifth position in the list of developing economies of the index.
- India (score 3.09) has been ranked 62nd in the Inclusive Development Index (IDI) of developing economies.
- While last year India was ranked 60th.
- In its neighboring countries, Nepal is 22nd, Bangladesh is 34th, Sri Lanka is 40th and Pakistan is 47th.
- In other developing BRICS economies Russia is ranked 19th in, China is 26th, Brazil is 37th and South Africa is 69th.