Question: Who is the Minister of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare (Central)?
(a) Mr. Arun Jetley
(b) Mr. Raj Nath Singh
(c) Mrs. Nirmla Sitaraman
(d) Mr. Radha Mohan Singh
- Minister of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare Radha Mohan Singh launched the online software for Agmark on 26th September 2018.
- Through the Agmark online system, certificate of authorisation (domestic), permission of printing press, permission of laboratories (domestic) and services related to laboratory information management system will be provided online.
- In the new online application system, there are provisions for online receipt of fees from the applicants. Payment will be received in digital mode through gov.inwebsite.
- Application processes related to Agmark certification will be done online by the Directorate of Marketing & Inspection (DMI). The process of application will be simple, quick, transparent and 24×7.
- AGMARKis a certification mark employed on agricultural products in India, assuring that they conform to a set of standards approved by the Directorate of Marketing and Inspection an attached Office of the Department of Agriculture, Cooperation and Farmers Welfare under Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare.
- The AGMARK Head Office at Faridabad (Haryana) is legally enforced in India by the Agricultural Produce (Grading and Marking) Act of 1937 (and amended in 1986).
- The present AGMARK standards cover quality guidelines for 222 different commodities spanning a variety of pulses, cereals, essential oils, vegetable oils, fruits, meats and vegetables and semi-processed products like vermicelli.