Question: From which date, the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has decided to ensure identification of Aadhaar Card holder through Face Authentication (face recognition) technique?
(a) 1 March, 2018
(b) 1 April, 2018
(c) 1 May, 2018
(d) 1 July, 2018
- From July 1, 2018, the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has decided to ensure identification of the Aadhaar Card holder through Facial Authentication (Face recognition) technology.
- According to the UIDAI, it is to be used only in combination with existing options of biometric authentication such as fingerprint or iris scan.
- Apart from the elderly, fingerprint or iris is not clear from some others, so there is a problem in their identification.
- Such a technique will be used mainly to help them in such a situation.
- India is that UIDAI has recently implemented virtual identification for security and privacy of Aadhar numbers.