Question: The Bilateral Exercise, Garuda-VI will be conducted between which of the following countries?
(a) India and France
(b) India and US
(c) India and China
(d) India and Myanmar
- The Indian Air Force is participating in a bilateral exercise along with French Air Force named Exercise Garuda-VI.
- It will be conducted at French Air Force Base, Mont-de-Marsan from 1st to 12th July, 2019.
- The last exercise, Garuda V was held at Air Force Station, Jodhpur in June 2014.
- Indian Air Force contingent comprises of 120 air-warriors and 4 Su-30 MKI along with an IL-78 Flight Refueling aircraft.
- C-17 strategic lift aircraft will provide the logistic support to the contingent during the induction and de-induction phase.
- This is one of the biggest air exercises that are being planned between the two Air Forces. The Indian Air Force Su-30 MKI will be operating in a simulated operational war fighting scenario along with French Air Forces multirole Rafale aircraft.
- This will enhance understanding of interoperability during mutual operations between the two Air Forces and provide an opportunity to learn from each other’s best practices.
- Participation of IAF in the exercise will also promote professional interaction, exchange experiences and operational knowledge besides strengthening bilateral relations with the French Air Force.
- It will also provide a good opportunity to the air warriors to operate in an international environment.
- The team has departed from Air Force Station Bareily and Agra on 25th June, 2019.