Question- Recently, under whose chairmanship Central Government constituted a high-level committee to check mob lynching?
(b) Union Home Secretary
(c) National Security Adviser
(d) Defense Secretary
- On July 23rd, 2018, the Central Government constituted a high-level committee under the chairmanship of Union Home Secretary Rajiv Gauba to check mob lynching.
- The Secretary, Department of Justice, Secretary, Department of Legal Affairs, Secretary, Legislative Department and Secretary, Social Justice and Empowerment are the members of the committee.
- The committee will submit its recommendations to the Government within four weeks.
- Government has further decided to constitute a Group of Ministers headed by the Union Home Minister to consider the recommendations of the high level committee.
- The Minister, External Affairs, Minister, Road Transport and Highways; Shipping, Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, Minister, Law & Justice and Minister, Social Justice and Empowerment are the members of Group of Ministers.
- The Group of Ministers will submit their recommendations to the Prime Minister.