Question: Which of the following provinces of United States have banned the use of plastics at restaurants statewide?
(c) San Francisco
(d) None of the above
- On 19th March 2019, Hawaii became the first state in the United States to ban most plastics used at restaurants.
- The legislatives aims to cut down on waste that pollutes the ocean.
- It is remarkable that dozens of cities across the country have banned plastics earlier but Hawaii would be the first to bar them statewide.
- In the US, 500 million plastic straws are used and thrown out every day.
- It is noteworthy that 95 percent of plastic packaging worldwide is thrown out after being used once.