Question: Government instituted Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar under which of the following Ministry?
(a) Ministry of Home Affairs
(b) Finance Ministry
(c) Ministry of HRD
(d) Environment Ministry
- Government has instituted an annual award titled Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar on 23rd January, 2019 on the birth anniversary of Subhash Chandra Bose.
- The aim of the award is to recognize the immense contribution and selfless service by many organizations and individuals which goes unacknowledged.
- All Indian citizens and organizations who have excelled in areas of Disaster Management; like Prevention, Mitigation, Preparedness, Rescue, Response, Relief, Rehabilitation, Research/ Innovations or Early Warning are eligible for the Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar.
Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar 2019:
- For the year 2019, 8th Battalion of National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) located at Ghaziabad has been selected for the award with a certificate and cash price of Rs. 51 Lakh for its work in Disaster Management.
- Major disasters in which this NDRF battalion participated are Leh Cloud Burst (2011), Kedarnath Floods (2013), Cyclone Hudhud (2014), Chennai Floods (2015) and Tripura Floods (2018). The battalion had worked efficiently to neutralize the threat during Radiation Incident at Mayapuri, Delhi during the year 2010.