Question: What is the rank of India in the 2019 Global Firepower Index?
- India’s has retained its fourth position (no. 1 in South Asia) with PwrIdex rating of 0.1065 in the Global Firepower Index for 2019.
- United States has been ranked 1st in the annual GFP review. It holds a PwrIdex rating of 0.0615(0.0000 being perfect).
- Russia and China has been ranked to second and third positions with 0.0639 and 0.0673.
- India’s western neighbor Pakistan ranks 15 on the Global Firepower (GFP) list 2019.
- For 2019, a total of 137 countries have been included in the GFP database. New to the 2019 list is Moldova.
- The GFP ranking is based on each nation’s potential war-making capability across land, sea and air fought with conventional weapons.
- Total available manpower is the key consideration as it directly affects many other categories. Total Military personnel of India is 3,462,500(0.3% of total population).
- Weapon diversity, geographical factors, logistical flexibility, natural resources, and local industry are other factors influential to final rankings.
About Global Firepower:
- GlobalFirepower (GFP) has been providing a unique analytical display of data of 137 modern military powers since 2006.