Question: Which edition of the Global Bio India Summit was organized in New Delhi from 21 to 23 November 2019?
- India’s first largest biotechnology stakeholders conglomerate, – the Global Bio-India (GBI) Summit, 2019 concluded on November 23 2019 in New Delhi.
- The three-day event was organized by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India along with its Public Sector Undertaking, Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC).
- The associated partners for this event were Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), Association of Biotechnology Led Enterprises (ABLE) and Invest India.
- The Summit provided an opportunity to showcase the potential of India’s biotech sector to the international community, identify, create opportunities and deliberate on the key challenges in the areas of Bio-pharma, Bio-Agri, Bio-Industrial, Bio-Energy and Bio-Services and allied sectors.
- The Biotechnology Department plans to turn the GBI into an annual event with support from all stakeholders.
- Biotechnology is recognized as the sunrise sector– a key driver for contributing to India’s USD 5 Trillion economy target by 2025.