Question: Recently, Girish Chandra Chaturvedi; former officer of the Indian Administrative Service, was appointed as the non-executive chairman of which bank?
(a) ICICI Bank
(b) HDFC Bank
(c) Kotak Mahindra Bank
(d) Bandhan Bank
- On June 29th, 2018, the private sector ICICI Bank appointed former Girish Chandra Chaturvedi; former official of the Indian Administrative Services, as part-time non-executive chairman.
- His 3 year term will be effective from July 1, 2018.
- At this post, he will replace M.K. Sharma.
- His appointment is subject to the approval of the Reserve Bank and shareholders.
- He is an IAS officer of the year 1977 batch of the UP cadre.
- He was Secretary, Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas from 2011 to 2013.
See also the links below :