Question: Which of the following US President has contributed majorly to the end of Cold War?
(a)George H W Bush
(b)William Howard Taft
(c)Franklin D Roosevelt
(d)James A Garfield
- Eminent Republic Party politician and 41st US President (1989-1993) George H. W. Bush died on November 30, 2018. He was 94 years old.
- He was the father of 43rd President of US, George W Bush.
- Formerly he served as Vice President of America and Director of the Central Investigation Agency (CIA). He has also served as US ambassador to the United Nations (UN) and China.
- He was the last of the World War II generation to occupy the Oval Office.
- During his reign, the Gulf War was fought. He chose a collaborative approach, working with the Soviet leader Mikhail S. Gorbachev to allow for the reunification of Germany, the dissolution of the Soviet Union,routing Iraqi forces from Kuwait and the end of the Cold War. He lost to Democrat Bill Clinton in the 1992 elections.