Question: India aims to implement Genomic chips technology with the help of Brazil. Excellence centers in India are to be set up in which of the given places?
(a) Kalsi & Motihari
(b) Pipli & Samastipur
(c) Dhaund & Rohtas
(d) Ulna & Munger
- Union Minister Shri Radha Mohan Singh met delegation from Brazil led by Dr. Jose Ribamar Felipe Marques, Director, Buffalo Research and Development, Brazil on 8th January, 2019.
- The main objective of this meeting was to promote technical cooperation between India and Brazil for the rapid growth of the production and productivity of indigenous breeds.
- India will seek Embryo transfer technology (ETT), Promotion of In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) and Sex-sorted semen production from Brazil.
- For latest development in breeding techniques India is aiming to develop research & development centers with a provision for training professionals.
- Four animal breeding Centers of Excellence (COE) are being set up for : ETT, IVF, sex-sorted semen, genomics and training of skilled manpower.
- These centers will not only serve as training centers but also work as centers of research and development.
- Out of which Two Excellence Centers are being established in Kalsi Uttarakhand and Central Agricultural University, Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVK) Motihari with the help of Brazil.
- Germplasm produced at these centers will be made available to all the states.