Question: Recently, the prestigious magazine Forbes released the ‘Best Country for Business-2017’ Ranking. Which of the following countries topped the list?
(a) New Zealand
(b) United Kingdom
- On December 19th, 2017, Forbes released the ‘Best Country for Business-2017’ ranking.
- The list includes 153 countries.
- The United Kingdom topped the list.
- U.K. was followed by New Zealand, Netherlands and Sweden respectively in the list.
- India’s ranking in this list is 62nd.
- The following countries are in this list –
- The status of India’s neighboring countries in the list released by Forbes is as follows- Sri Lanka -77th rank, Pakistan -102nd rank, Bhutan -103rd rank, Nepal -109th rank and Bangladesh 117th rank.
- Among BRICS countries 74th rank has been given to Brazil, 58th to Russia, 66th to China and South Africa remained at 48th place.
- It is noteworthy that Britain was at the fifth place in the rankings of the previous year.
- America is at 12th rank in this list.
- While Germany, Finland and Norway are ranked 13th, 14th and 15th, respectively.
- Ranking of Japan and France is 21st and 22nd, respectively.