Question: Who became the first Woman cricketer to play 200 International Matches in ODI?
(a) Belinda Clarks
(b) Charlotte Edwards
(c) Sarah Taylor
(d) Mithali Raj
- Indian women’s One Day International (ODI) Captain Mithali Raj became the first female player in the world to play 200 international ODIs.
- She made this record while playing the 3rd ODI against New Zealand in Hamilton on February 1, 2019. New Zealand won the match by 8 wickets.
- India lost the final match but won the series by 2-1.
- Mithali made debut in 1999 and she was a team member in 200 matches out of 263 ODIs played by the women
s team till now.
She is the highest run scorer in womensODI format. She has scored 6622 runs with an average of 51.33. This includes seven hundreds and 52 fifties.
- She has also played 10 tests and 85 T20s till now.