Question: In which district of Telangana the first Mega Food Park of state has been inaugurated on September 4, 2019?
- Union Minister of Food Processing Industries Harsimrat Kaur Badal inaugurated the first Mega Food Park in Telangana on September 6, 2019 promoted by M/s Smart Agro Food Park Pvt. Ltd. at Village Lakkampally, Nandipet Mandal of Nizamabad District.
- This Mega Food Park has been set up in 78 acre of land at a cost of Rs. 108.95 crore. The facilities being created by the developer at Central Processing Centre (CPC) of this Mega Food Park include Raw Material Warehouse of 5000 MT, Finished Good Warehouse- 5000 MT, Multi Commodity Cold Storage-5000 MT, Deep Freeze Store-500 MT, Turmeric-Curcumin, Oleoresin Extraction unit-5 MT/Day,QC Laboratory and other related food processing facilities.
- The Mega Food Park will leverage an additional investment of about Rs. 250 crore in 22 food processing units in the park and generate a turnover of about Rs. 14000 crore.
- The Park will also provide direct and indirect employment to 50,000 youth and benefit about 1 lakh farmers.
- Mega Food parks will facilitate doubling of farmer’s income by 2022 which is a primary agenda of Govt. in the field of agriculture.
Mega Food Parks:
- The Mega Food Park Scheme is being implemented in order to give a major impetus to the food processing sector by value and reducing food wastage at each stage of the supply chain with particular focus on perishables.
- Mega Food Parks create modern infrastructure facilities for food processing along the value chain from farm to market with strong forward and backward linkages through a cluster based approach.
- Common facilities and enabling infrastructure is created at Central Processing Centre and facilities for primary processing and storage is created near the farm in the form of Primary Processing Centers (PPCs) and Collection Centers (CCs).
- Under the Scheme, Government of India provides financial assistance upto Rs. 50.00 Crore per Mega Food Park project.