Question: Which Ministry has initiated first major recruitment with inclusion of 10% EWS Reservation?
(a) Ministry of Defence
(b) Ministry of Finance
(c) Ministry OF Human Resource
(d) Ministry of Railways
- In line with the mega recruitment process for recruitment of 1,51,548 employees initiated 14 months ago, Indian Railways will initiate fresh recruitment of 2,30,000 more employees under various cadres of Indian Railways, which will be recruited over the next two years in two phases.
- Recruitment shall be conducted in two-phases duly observing the laid down criteria of reservation in Government of India.
- Phase-I (starting February-March, 2019 and completed by April-May, 2020) will comprise of 1,31,328 posts. 10% of these vacancies i.e. around 13,100 shall be filled in from Economically Weaker Sections (EWS).
- As per the reservation policy of the Government, approximately 15,000, 7,500, 27,000 and 10,000 posts shall be reserved for SC, ST, OBC and EWS candidates respectively.
- Phase II (starting May-June 2020 and completed by July-August, 2021) will comprise of 99,000 posts.