Question: Between 2 and 15 March, 2019, the joint military exercise ‘SAMPRITI-2019’ will be organised between the armies of?
(a) India and Sri Lanka
(b) India and Bangladesh
(c) India and Russia
(d) India and Thailand
- As part of the ongoing India Bangladesh defence cooperation, a joint military exercise Sampriti-2019 will be conducted at Bongobondhu Cantonment, Tangail, Bangladesh from 02 March to 15 March 2019.
- The Bangladesh contingent was represented by 36 East Bengal Battalion, while Indian side was represented by Ninth Battalion the Rajputana Rifles.
- Exercise Sampriti-2019 is an important bilateral defence cooperation endeavour between India and Bangladesh. This will be the eighth edition of the exercise which is hosted alternately by both countries.
- The exercise is aimed to strengthen and broaden the aspects of interoperability and cooperation between the Indian and Bangladesh Armies. The exercise will involve tactical level operations in a counter insurgency and counter terrorism environment under the UN mandate.
- In addition to understanding each other in tactical level operations, emphasis will also be laid for greater cultural understanding to strengthen military trust and cooperation between the two nations.
- A company group from Bangladesh Army and an equal number from Indian Army are taking part in the two-week long exercise that will see them hone their tactical and technical skills in countering the insurgency, counter-terrorism and aid to civil authorities for disaster management in a UN peacekeeping scenario involving a combined deployment at a battalion level.