Question: Where did the Indian Air Force carry out Exercise Bull Strike?
(a) Lakshadweep Islands
(b) Teressa Islands
- Indian Armed Forces carried out Exercise Bull Strike at Teressa Island in Andaman and Nicobar.
- This military drill was conducted to showcase joint operations capability of the armed forces. During the exercise, the army personnel got the chance to display their prowess by undertaking company level airborne operation at Teressa Island.
- 170 troops from three services carried out para drop operations in a Combat Free Fall and Static Line mode.
- Notably, in December last year, the Indian Air Force’s Wing Commander Gajanand Yadava had created a record. He had undertaken the jump from an AN-32 aircraft over Malpura Drop Zone in Agra.
- The jump was executed from an altitude of 12,000 feet above the ground on December 12, 2008. He belongs to the IAF’s skydiving team Akashganga.