Question- consider the following statements on World Summit on Accreditation (WOSA 2018)
- It is a biennial summit organized by NBA
- NBA is an autonomous organization under ministry of HRD
Select the correct statements
(a) Only 1
(b) Only 2
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
CORRECT ANSWER (c)
- Union Minister for HRD Shri Prakash Javadekar has inaugurated 4th world Summit on Accreditation (WOSA-2018) at New Delhi to facilitate exchange of information on challenges during accreditation.
- National board of accreditation (NBA) organized WOSA 2018 with the focus on “CHALLENEGES AND OPPORTUNITIES IN OUTCOME BASED ACCREDITATION”
- NBA has already organized three summits in WOSA-2012, WOSA-2014 and WOSA-2016 in each summit approx 800 participants participated.
- It is a biennial summit organized by NBA which is an autonomous accreditation agency under Union Ministry of HRD.
- The purpose of this summit to provide an opportunity to interact with industry, policy makers and accreditation agencies from the globe and to learn about their perspectives and encourage more institutions for the accreditation.
- The government wants to boost quality education in the country.
- WOSA 2018 is an opportunity for academia and the industry to explore avenues for future partnerships and to create open dialogue to facilitate mobility of students and professionals world-wide to gain international experience.
- The educational institutions will develop and fortify ties with industry.
Why less accredited institutions in India?
- There may be two reasons first some institution do not want to come under accreditation and second because of some restrictions in the accreditation mechanism.
- Only 15% of institutions come for accreditation and rest 85% institutions are still not coming for accreditation
Importance of Ranking
- Ranking and rating increase competitiveness among institutions and it leads for better performance
- Under National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) every institute has constituted an internal committee to improve the ranking and help students in selection of institutions before taking admission.