Question: World record of most runs (481) in an innings was made in the England-Australia Men’s ODI match, concluded on June 19, 2018. Against which of the following teams this record has been made?
(b) New Zealand
- England scored 481 runs for 6 wickets in Nottingham in the third match of the five-match series against Australia, and set the world record for most runs in an innings in ODIs. (June 19, 2018).
- Earlier this record was the name of England, when team scored 444 runs for 3 wickets on the same ground in ODIs in August, 2016.
- Alex Hales contributed 147 runs (92 balls) and Jonny Bairstow contributed 139 runs (92 balls) in these 481 runs.
- This was the first time when the men’s cricket team has scored over 450 runs in the International One day match.
- In this match, England defeated Australia by 242 runs and it was England’s biggest win and Australia’s biggest defeat in figure of runs.
- Morgan scored a fiftieth on 21 balls and became the second English batsman to make the fifties on the lowest balls.
- Earlier, Jos Buttler had scored a fiftieth century against Pakistan in 22 balls on this ground.
- Morgan has so far scored 5443 runs in 180 ODIs for England.
- He left behind Ian Bell’s record (161 matches, 5416 runs).
- Although Morgan’s name is 6187 runs in total 203 ODIs.
- Prior to England, he has scored 744 runs in 23 ODIs for Ireland.
- England made the record of putting the second most number of sixes (21) in an innings in ODIs.
- The world record for most 22 sixes in an innings is the name of New Zealand, which was made against the West Indies at Queenstown in January 2014.