Question- In recently concluded World Para Athletics Championships 2017 how many gold medals did Indian athletes win?
- World Para Athletics Championship- 2017 London (U.K.),concludedin London UK. (July 14-23, 2017).
- This is the 8th edition of the championship and before 2017 it was known as the IPC Athletics World Championship.
- About 1300 para athletes from 100 countries participated in 213 competitions in the championship.
- India won one gold medal, two silver and two bronze medals (total 5) and figured at 34th place with Croatia.
- The championship medal table top 5 countries-
- Indian medalist
- Gold Medal – Sunder Singh Gurjar (Javelin Throw)
- Silver medal
- Amit Kumar (Club Throw)
- Sharad Kumar (high jump)
- Bronze medal
- Varun Singh Bhati (high jump)
- JyotiKaram (women’s Discus Throw )