Question: Where was the ‘World Energy Future Summit’ (WFES) organized from January 15-18, 2018?
(c) Abu Dhabi
- During January 15th-18th, 2018, the ‘World Future Energy Summit: WFES’ -2018 was held in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
- WFES is a signature event of a global initiative, Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week, hosted by Masdar.
- On the first day of the ISA Forum, 17thJanuary, 2018 the Ministerial Plenary of ISA Energy Ministers was held.
- The ISA Ministerial was attended by seven Energy Ministers of ISA Member countries.
- On receipt of 15 ratifications, the International Solar Alliance (ISA) Framework Agreement entered into force on the 6thDecember, 2017 thereby making ISA a de jure treaty based international intergovernmental organization.
- So far 19 countries have ratified and 48 countries have signed the ISA Framework Agreement.
- Shri Raj Kumar Singh, Minister of State (IC) for Power and New & Renewable Energy, Government of India led the Indian delegation and congratulated ISA for organizing the ISA Forum as its first overseas outreach activity.
- It is notable that Renewable Energy has become cheaper and is set to replace conventional energy, which is a healthy development, and added that India has one of the fastest growing Renewable Energy programmers in the World and the country would achieve its target of 175 GW of installed Renewable Energy capacity well before 2020.
- Shri Singh announced setting up of a $ 350 million solar development fund by the Government of India for solar projects financing.