Question: PM Narendra Modi recently inaugurates World Food India 2017. What is name of the portal which is launched on the occasion to mark the historic World Food Convention?
(a) Nivesh Bandhu
(b) Nivesh Mitra
(c) Nivesh Sahayak
(d) Nivesh Samahan
- On November 3rd, 2017, the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, inaugurated World Food India 2017, at Vigyan Bhavan in NewDelhi.
- Three days World Food India 2017 is being organised between 3-5 November.
- India is hosting this World Food Convention for the first time with theme “Transforming Food Economy”.
- This is a initiative of Ministry of Food Processing Industries under the able guidance of Union Minister for Food Processing Industries Smt Harsimrat Kaur Badal.
- President of Armenia Prime Minister of Latvia Dy. Minister for Economic Development, Italy; Minister, Federal Ministry for Food and Agriculture, Germany; Minister of Environment and Food, Denmark were present on the occasion.
- Director, Chairman and CEOs of group such as Nestle, Unilever; Metro AG &CEO, Metro Cash and Carry; Tata International and Chief Ministers of Andhra Pradesh; Chhattisgarh etc. also joined in the inaugural function.
- To mark the historic World Food Convention hosted for the first time by India, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi launched – Nivesh Bandhu the unique portal or “investor’s friend”.
- The URL of the portal is http://foodprocessingindia.co.in/ .
- The portal will help bring together information on central and state government policies, and incentives provided for the food-processing sector.
- It is also a platform for business networking, for farmers, processors, traders, and logistics operators.
- The inaugural day of World Food India 2017 saw signing of 13 MoUs worth Rs 68,000 crore.
- The MoUs were signed in the presence of Smt. Harsimrat Kaur Badal, Union Minister for Food Processing industries, Government of India.
- The companies who signed an MoU signalling their intent and seriousness about India included PepsiCo which signed an MoU worth Rs 13,300 crores for setting up a Food and Beverage plant, Coca Cola for investing Rs. 11,000 crore in juice bottling infrastructure and fruit processing plants and equipment; ITC and Patanjali who committed to investing Rs 10,000 crore each in the sector.
- Other MoUs signed included Amazon in food retail business, Sharaf Group of UAE for Farm produce, collection, processing and Export; YES Bank for financing food processing projects across the sector.
- The Prime Minister also released a Coffee table book and commemorative stamp on Indian Cuisines.
- After the inaugural, the Prime Minister visited an exhibition spread over 40,000 sq mtrs in lawns of India Gate has been mounted where more than 800 global companies representing 22 Countries & domestic companies are exhibiting their stregths in Food Processing sector.