Question: Name the city of India chosen as the World’s most dynamic city?
- Silicon Valley of India, Bengaluru has emerged as the world’s most dynamic city. Hyderabad, the city of pearls, has secured second place in most dynamic cities across the world.
- Other cities in top 10 are Delhi (4th), Pune (5th) and Chennai (7th). Overall At 15th position, Kolkata was the sixth Indian city ranked amongst top 20.This is the 6th edition of report, City Momentum Index released by JLL.
- The absence of European and American cities displays a marked East-west growth divide reflecting Asia’s continued rapid urbanization and economic growth, driven by globalization, innovation and demographic factors. The only non-Asian city on the list is Nairobi in sixth place.
- Overall, Indian and Chinese cities dominate the rankings, accounting for three quarters of the top 20.
JLL City momentum index
- It measures momentum for 131 of the world’s most commercial active cities.
- This is done by tracking a range of socio-economic and commercial real estate indicators over a three year period to identify the urban economics and real estate markets undergoing the rapid expansion.
By Ramayan Upadhyay