Question: On November 14th every year “World Diabetes Day” is celebrated across the world. Whish of the following is the theme of this day for year 2017?
(a) Protect our Future: Diabetes Education and Prevention
(b) Women and diabetes – our right to a healthy future.
(c) Women and diabetes: Protect the Future
(d) Protect our Future: Eyes on Diabetes.
- On November 14th, World Diabetes Day is celebrated across the world.
- This Year (2017) the theme for World diabetes day is “Women and diabetes – our right to a healthy future.”
- The World Diabetes Day campaign; led by International Federation of Diabetes draws attention to issues of paramount importance to the diabetes world and keeps diabetes firmly in the public and political spotlight.
- The campaign is represented by a blue circle logo signifies the unity of the global diabetes community in response to the diabetes epidemic.
- According to International Diabetes Federation statics there are currently over 199 million women living with diabetes.
- This total is projected to increase to 313 million by 2040.
- Two out of every five women with diabetes are of reproductive age, accounting for over 60 million women worldwide.
- Diabetes is the ninth leading cause of death in women globally, causing 2.1 million deaths per year.
- It is noteworthy that World Diabetes Day was created in 1991 by IDF and the World Health Organization in response to growing concerns about the escalating health threat posed by diabetes.
- World Diabetes Day became an official United Nations Day in 2006 with the passage of United Nation Resolution 61/225.