Question: Who among the following is the founder of website WikiLeaks?
(a) Edward Snowden
(b) Julian Assange
(c) Larry Page
(d) Jim Schole
- The WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange was arrested on 11th April, 2019, at Ecuadorian Embassy in London to face charges in the United States of conspiring to hack into a Pentagon Computer Network in 2010.
- Assange has been seeking asylum in the embassy since 2012 to avoid extradition to Sweden over a sexual assault case. He now faces US federal conspiracy charges related to one of the largest ever leaks of government secrets.
- The UK will decide whether to extradite Assange. He can be awarded five years in US prison if convicted on the charges of conspiracy to commit computer intrusion.
- Assange set up Wikileaks in 2006 for obtaining and publishing confidential documents and images.
- WikiLeaks specializes in the analysis and publication of large datasets of censored or otherwise restricted official materials involving war, spying and corruption. It has so far published more than 10 million documents and associated analyses.